Thursday, May 1, 2014

DIY - Nursery Paint Color Reveal

The first DIY project that we took on for our new home was painting the nursery.
I showed you several inspiring nurseries on a Top Ten Tuesday post here,
and I believe that we are well on our way to producing the image that I have created in my head. 

First, let me present to you the before pictures!






I have the cutest, most awesome, loving husband! :)


I love lavender as much as the next person but this was not the appropriate shade, nor did it flatter the walls of this room. Ugh, it just hurts my eyes to look at.

We decided to go with a light shade of peach by Benjamin Moore called Arizona Peach. 


** As I am sure many of you know, the prep work for painting is the worst part, but the most important part. Take the time to tape off all of the trim, the ceiling, and unscrew your light switch and plug-in plates from the wall to keep paint off.

Despite the lack of lighting and the way it presents itself in these pictures, I absolutely love this color and I am so pleased with the way it has turned out. It is the perfect shade of peach for the theme of this room: not too bright, not too light, and a flattering timeless girly appearance. 



This photo is probably the closest resemblance of what it truly looks like in person. 

What do you think of the color change?

I can't wait to show you the future DIY projects of this room as we continue to prepare for our baby girl. :) 

xoxo,
Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment