Thursday, May 8, 2014

DIY Alphabet Craft

I have been having a great time preparing the nursery for Emma's arrival! I have been getting really pinspired too, that's short for "Pinterest inspired" of course! ;) 

Recently, I saw ABC cards strung within a frame in the background of this photo and loved it!


My blogger and media friend, Brittani, over at Linen and Lace completed a similar project and sent me this free set of antique ABC cards that she found here.

I finally put myself to work 
and completed this simple craft project for our baby girl.

To complete this project, you will need the following items:


- an empty frame (I used the frame of an old window)
- small sized clothes pins
- hot glue gun
- twine
- scissors

First, I measure the distance that I would need my twine to string on my window frame and cut out 5 strands.

Next, I turned the frame over to the backside and used the hot glue gun to secure each side of the twine to the frame. While completing this step, I measure the distance between each strand of twine with the distance of an ABC card so that I knew I would have enough room for all of them.

I repeated this until all of the strands of twine were glued to the window frame. 

Then, I took my small sized clothes pins and the ABC cards and attached them to the twine.



TA-DA! The project is complete! 
It's that simple! :)





I love the classic ABC's posted in the nursery with the mix of an antique feel!

What do you think?

xoxo,
Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment