Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY Blanket Ladder- Part 2

I have finally completed the blanket ladder that was built for the nursery!

You can see part 1 of the building process here.



The first thing I did to have it nursery ready was take a paint brush and some white colored Kilz paint to have a good base coat. 

This is a primer, sealer, and stain blocker. It resists mold and mildew growth, and seals porous surfaces for better paint coverage.


Then, I took white spray paint for my main coat.



I wanted it to have a used, vintage, and distressed look to it as well.

I used my electric sander and roughed up the edges and areas that would get a lot of wear and tear for a more appealing look.





I love the way it turned out!

The first blanket was a gift that my mother-in-law bought her in Ireland, the middle one I bought her at Home Goods (love that place), and the last one was a gift from my mother-in-law too when she went to Hawaii! :)

 Since this photo has been taken, it is now hold many more blankets to keep my baby warm, or as a play mat for tummy time! 

I am loving the use for this ladder and the way it looks in her room!
What do you think of the final results?

xoxo,
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment