Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fireplace Facelift

As you know, our house has a few things that need a little TLC. 
This post is such an easy DIY fix too!

The golden vents (or whatever you call them) on the fireplace have got to go!

(PS: Ignore all of the TV cords; that's another DIY for another day.)


I can't stand looking at these golden vents, so I found some black High Heat 
Rust-Oleum spray paint to help me say my goodbyes.


Make sure you buy the high heat version or this will be pointless for you.

First, I used a small screwdriver to remove the vents and prep for painting.


I applied about 2-3 coats of spray paint and waited for them to dry.


 Once they were dried I took them back in to re-install.



I am so pleased with the results and to have a gold free fireplace!

Perfect time for cooler weather! :)


What do you think?
Have you done any simple DIY's lately?

xoxo,
Jen





No comments:

Post a Comment