Friday, February 14, 2014

Vintage baby rocker

This adorable little vintage rocker was actually Jake's when he was little that my amazing mother in law had saved (along with several other items that I'll share later). 


My heart is so happy at the fact that our future baby will have little items like this that will forever be in our growing family because it once belonged to his or her daddy. :)


With that said, I wanted to give it a little face lift and adapt it to the vision I have of what the nursery will look like. With the help of my sweet friend, Lea, we first primed it using Valspar Primer spray paint because honestly, no one wants to sand down those tiny spindles. Then, I spent less than $5 on paint by getting a half pint sample size, I chose the color Jaded Lime by Valspar from Lowe's.   



I am loving its new color and I think it will be great for a little boy or girl! 

After (Lea applied) several coats of paint, we teamed up and distressed it to give it the aged/vintage look. I think it will look great next to the other dark accents that will go in the room. 
  




What do you think? 
I can't wait to add an adorable pillow to accent that seat sized for a tiny bottom! ;)

Thanks for reading!
xoxo,
Jen

4 comments:

  1. Obviously I am a little bias...BUT I think it turned out absolutely adorable! What a fun project with your cute little momma-to-be self. :) I think it is going to look so stinkin cute in your nursery...I just cant wait to find out the gender now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have done it without you and your awesome dedication! :) Can't wait to find out!!

      Delete
  2. I love it! Can't wait to see what your having ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! So glad you love it (and are following along)! :)

      Delete