Friday, February 21, 2014

Beauty Products & Helpful Tips

There is something about buying beauty products that I just love! It can be makeup, shampoo, skin care, perfume...you name it; it makes me feel so girly!
I had a gift card to Sephora (love that place) and recently used it to buy new foundation. I decided on Sephora's Collection 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation in the 22 light natural color.

{Image link}
This foundation is great:
  •  oil-free
  • lasts up to 10 hours
  • provides great full coverage
  • only $20.00 and I expect it to last me 4-5 months

While I was there, the make-up artist graciously shared her wisdom, that I just had to pass on, about the various ingredients in beauty products NOT to use while pregnant or breastfeeding (as they can be harmful to the baby).

Here are the ingredients that she said to look for as the first 5 active ingredients listed:
  1. Salicylic Acid
  2. Glycolic AcidR
  3. Retinol Retinoids/Retina
  4. Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA)
  5. Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA)
  6. Benzoyl Peroxide (BPO)

I searched for products to share that listed at least one (or more) of these ingredients and these are just a few that I found:

{Image link}

{Image link}

{Image link}

If you are an expectant mother or breastfeeding, I would recommend using caution, talk with your doctor, and check the ingredients of the products that you are using; I hope this is helpful.

Do you enjoy buying beauty products? What are some of your favorite beauty products that you recommend? 
xoxo,
Jen

4 comments:

  1. I thank you first for your blog. I am a regular reader of your blog entries. You write well as describe everything clearly. That makes me understand everything well. In this post of yours you gave some tips that’s really amazing. I use obagi products for my skin health.one can go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and coming to read! Your comments and beauty recommendations are great! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Jennifer! I love reading your blog updates. I was excited to come along this post because it reminded me that I will need to stop using the Clinique acne system when I am expecting a baby. I knew there were some pretty strong ingredients in it to begin with but I had no idea it could be harmful to a baby. Thanks for the great information! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsey, so glad this was helpful to someone other than myself! I'm so glad you enjoy reading, thanks girl! ;)

      PS: the Proactive acne system is another one that I discovered and need to add.

      Delete