Sunday, April 12, 2015

DIY Orb Pendant Light

If you have never seen the HGTV show, Fixer Upper, you need to add that to your 
To-Do list. I love that show! The couple, Chip and Joanna Gaines, are so cute and fun to watch, and I just love her style!!
http://magnoliahomes.net/

With that said, I swoon over these orb lights that she uses!

link
I have seen them for sale for a couple hundred dollars, but that was not currently in my budget. 

I recently found this orb item at Home Goods for only $25 (say whhaaa!!) and knew that I had to buy it, especially when I received confirmation from a friend that I could DIY this baby into a my own pendant light! 


All it had was a short chain attached; I'm not sure what it's original purpose was other than a DIY project. 

I took it home and my amazing husband took off the chain and attachment from the orb. After doing this, it left a hole which we would use to secure the light fixture kit. 

I ordered a pendant light kit from World Market.

Then, my husband used his welding machine to weld it back together!

I spray painted it a metallic black color, added an Edison Bulb, my husband hung it up, and VOILA!





I love the look I got for such a cheap price too!

What do you think?!




 



xoxo,
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment