Thursday, April 3, 2014

TV Stand Rehab

So long time no talk! 
Jake and I are now proud homeowners and closed on our house two weeks ago....it has been crazy busy ever since! 

~ Home sweet home ~


Crazy includes the little visit of a plumber to check on the septic tank because our toilet was having issues and overflowing (luckily with clean water) every time the washing machine or dishwasher would be used. Toilet paper was stuck ALL over our bathroom floor for 3 days - I was going insane having to look at it!

In addition to that, after I JUST cleaned out our refrigerator, a coke can exploded inside and caused an extra mess to clean; apparently it was too cold of a setting.
This all happened during our first week in the house; I can't make this stuff up people! haha
Thankfully the plumbing issue wasn't too bad and was easily fixed, but I still have to clean the refrigerator (again).

Anyway, I now have internet access again and I am happy to share a little DIY project that I recently worked on. I decided to work on this old tv stand that Jake and I got when we first got married.

Here is a before picture

I know, pretty dark and boring!
Let me just start with some honesty...this DIY had many fails and was not my most enjoyable project!

I decided to use CeCe Caldwell chalk paint that a friend of mine from Florida over at 
J. Kelly blog introduced me to. 


I got a small sample size in the Vintage White color. I loved the color, not bright white but it wasn't ivory either; the name says it all!
It probably would have been enough to cover my whole project if I didn't have 
fail #1


and spill my paint all over the floor of my garage. Dang!

I finished it off with the same paint and color and touched it up with some white spray paint (fail #2) on the inside when I was beginning to run out; I know, don't judge me. You really cant even tell and it looks so much better! 

Take a look!





Ta Da! 

I left the top the original brown and kept the knobs the same as well! I think that the  Vintage White accent is exactly what this stand needed.

What do you think? Have you been doing any DIY projects lately?

xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment