Monday, November 17, 2014

Once Upon A Lamp

I'm not happy with the current situation of our guest room/office space, and although I have somewhat of an idea in my head of what I want it to look like, the struggle is real.

One step at a time though.

There's this lamp on the nightstand that I just wasn't pleased with anymore, but I didn't particularly want to get rid of it either; I loved the shape, and as my husband would say, there's nothing wrong with it. 

On the contrary, with the help of my favorite DIY partner, the rehab was simple.


I used the fabulous Rust-Oleum metallic black spray paint.


Here is the lamp as it was...a little too silver-y. I wasn't fond of the two-tone colors that the black leather band offered.


I taped off the leather band and spray painted the rest of it.


I love the darkened appeal to it now with the metallic finish and in one full color.




I'm hoping simple changes like this will eventually make a big impact as I slowly transform this room.


xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment