Friday, December 12, 2014

Cabinet Chalkboard

I recently completed our first DIY project in the kitchen.

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that I posted this sneak-peek photo.


Ever since we first decided that we were going to buy this house, I imagined this little section of our kitchen cabinets as a chalkboard.



This little DIY didn't take long at all! 

First, I wiped it down with a vinegar and water mixture to get rid of any dirt and grime that may be on it. Then, I did a light sanding, which probably wasn't even all that necessary. 


After sanding it down, I vacuumed up all the dust and wiped it down again.

Knowing that we plan on painting all of our kitchen cabinets [and the walls], I taped off anything I didn't want to become a part of my new chalkboard.
< I somehow lost the pictures of what I taped off  >


I used a small foam roller brush for the main surface, and a small paint brush to get into the tiny crevices and corners. 


I painted two coats of the chalkboard paint, and had to let it set for 7 days before I could write anything on it.


------- LONGEST  S E V E N  DAYS  EVERRR  ------


Totally worth the wait to do something the correct way.


I love our new cabinet chalkboard.

We have already used it so much when making lists for our trips, and it's so handy! 

What do you think of it?

xoxo,
Jen





No comments:

Post a Comment